So as I sit here in this coffee shop avoiding doing the work in which I came here to do, I realized something. And then I forgot it because it seem irrelevant at the time but now I think maybe it was....
Recently I have been thinking that I am some sort of musician. I even wrote some songs that I will not write down here now because it is neither the time nor the place. But this has got me thinking. As I delve deeper into my mind and write the nonsensical nonsense I find, I wonder even more about the future and what I am meant to do. If I were to look at my skill sets to determine what I am meant to do then I would probably have to say my purpose would be play video games and stand on the corner making people laugh. But I am not sure there are any paying positions out there with full benefits that fit that description.
Well I write some maybe I should be a writer? Probably not. *see last paragraph*
OK I have been writing songs, singer/songwriter? Again probably not but I do think there is some potential with the songs, but for someone else to sing and play and write as well.
I can throw a mean Frisbee. Maybe professional Ultimate Frisbee player? Doubtful.
So is this how's it done? Is this how people find what they are meant to do? I can't be the only person out there who thinks, "Yeah I wanna do that!" Then a month later, "Well.... maybe something else. Hey that seems cool." Then a month later, "Yeah in retrospect that was dumb. I wanna do this." Then a month later, "Nope. Not that either." I envy the people who know exactly what they want to do and nothing sways that. They are a rock. I think I am more of a roll. I just wanna go with it and see where I land. You rocks can stand fast in what you want to do. I'm gonna be rolling. Hopefully you rocks are right. Hopefully. And hopefully I am right rolling. I think I am.
Maybe I could get a job as a time traveler? If so, I'll see you last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment